by Jayne D. Frank
For some Americans, President Obama’s approval ratings remain high and that is stunning! But take into consideration who this small minority is who approves of him. They are students in school, too preoccupied with trying to get ahead and enjoying their young lives that they don’t pay attention. These are people who benefit from one of the largest Federal welfare giveaways in this century-those people collecting food stamps, unemployment benefits, disability and free Medicaid health services. This segment of America is so dependent on their status quo that they won’t open their eyes to see what this man is doing to our Country because they “can’t” lose the money they are given.
Lies from the White House about Obamacare permeated 2013 and will explode in 2014, because Obama has no other choice. Obamacare is a failure and a disaster. Already with this health care law, we know what is not true:
1) President Obama says “If you like your plan you can keep it.” This Administration knew just 2 months after the bill was passed when Regulations were written, that some 10 million people were targeted to lose their health care plans because the plans did not cover services that people did not need. Contraceptives, maternity care and abortive services were certainly not desired by single men in this country. High deductibles and co-pays were not in most plans because middle class Americans just don’t have that kind of money. Many Americans also just chose NOT to carry insurance and as people in a supposedly free country that was their right. So, thus far, 5.9 million Americans have been told they have lost their plans.
2) Another lie: “If you like your doctor, you can keep him!” We learned after October that many plans offered by the healthcare exchanges will NOT include your current doctor or hospital in their network plans. If you have a serious chronic disease and have been receiving great care by your doctor or hospital, you will once again be faced with starting over and finding someone to treat you with the same care and medications. Many cancer patients whose only hope is to go to Sloan-Kettering, MD Anderson or other major hospitals for treatment and a possible cure, will be shut out of access to those hospitals.
3) We are finding out that many plans in the Government health care exchanges are not offering the kinds of medicines that have treated your illnesses with success. If you have struggled to get your asthma under control and have found “management” of the disease by some of the more expensive medications such as Advair, these medications will undoubtedly be replaced by less-effective cheaper medications. Women who count on expensive osteoporosis medications to stop or prevent the disease will find that those too will found to be too expensive. Cancer medications are already being talked about to be reduced under these plans.
4) We have heard that the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) which is the governing body that will decide what treatments you get as a patient, will consist of non-elected, mostly non medical people who will not be accountable to anyone for their decisions. It is no accident that the members of IPAB are not and will not be chosen until this law is well underway and is unchangeable. The example given above for decisions about cancer treatment is more than enough for a reasonable person to know what is coming. A better example would be treatments for prostate cancer in men being severely rationed. Statistics indicate that 30% of men over age 50 and 80% of men over age 70 will be diagnosed with the disease. PSA, coupled with other tests, are the only current early indicators of prostate cancer. Treatments include radical surgery, radiation, hormone therapy and “watchful waiting.” The documented most effective cures are the first two and are costly treatments for the disease. IPAB’s mission to reduce costs will surely include rationing of treatments for any male over age 65. This action could become an unnecessary death sentence for those males with the disease. This cost-reduction mission of IPAB is certainly applicable to all other diseases where there are multiple treatments available such as breast cancer. Proponents of this law will always say that IPAB cannot “ration,” but there is no other way to achieve cost savings than to limit tests and procedures that are the most expensive for early diagnosis.
5) Obama and his minions have continued to lie that Obamacare will not affect seniors. Seniors have already been told that their doctors no longer will accept Medicare Advantage, and seniors will be the #1 target for this new IPAB group as they selectively decide, based on your age, whether you qualify for expensive medical treatment. Many seniors have also been told by their doctors that their doctors are not going to practice anymore or that they will no longer accept Medicare patients. Throwing every senior into Medicaid isn’t the answer either as most doctors in high density senior areas of the country have already stopped accepting Medicaid patients.
6) The lie continues about greater access for all Americans to medical care. Taking into consideration the number of doctors that are dropping out of private practice and the millions of new enrollees to the Government health care system that this law envisions, there is no way you will be able to see your doctor or receive a medical procedure without waiting many weeks or months.
7) In a stagnant economy with no meaningful jobs on the horizon, the worst lie told by Obama is that Government-run health care will be cheaper, “saving families $2500 per year!” Over the past 2 months we have heard the horror stories of middle class people who have gone on the exchanges to find plans only to find out that their premiums can be increased sometimes by triple their current cost, but if they pick a lower cost plan, their deductibles and co-pays are exorbitant and UNAFFORDABLE. Add to this fact that the payment for the website alone has gone from $634 billion to $677 billion and consider the millions of Americans who either are getting substantial unqualified subsidies or who have been shifted from a “payor” to a Medicaid recipient. There is no way this Government-run system will be cheaper and will save taxpayers money.
If this President cared about this Country at all, he would admit the lies he tells and at least try to get Obamacare changed in the parts where it has been found to be failing. Instead, he illegally waives his hand and mandates that certain groups be exempted from the law, makes regulations that extend much of the more onerous portions until they figure it out, or he just plain “deems” certain sections of the law unnecessary or no longer in effect.
Americans, this is OUR country, not Barack Obama’s! We are going to find that 2014 and 2015 may become the worst years of our lives because many millions of people with corporate-sponsored plans will lose their coverage and many of the mandates in the law have yet to become effective. We can do better. America had the best health care system in the world, and instead of fixing the small areas that needed to be fixed such as the uninsured or the rising cost of healthcare, Obama just blew up our health care, for his own agenda. I firmly believe we haven’t done anything about Barack Obama’s illegal actions in the Congress because of the “racist” charges to anyone who disagrees with the Obama administration. We have one more chance to right the wrongs that we allowed to happen. That is the 2014 mid-term elections. If we do not put responsible people in the Senate and keep the House of Representatives, we will deserve what we get! Only with control of these two houses can responsible Republican members of Congress take actions to repeal and replace this disastrous law.
Filed under: 2014 and 2016 Elections, Health Care Legislation, Medicare, Obamacare, Uncategorized | Tagged: 2014 mid-terms, ACA, Affordable Care Act, Congress, Government, healthcare deadlines, IPAB, Medicare Advantage, Millenials, Obamacare, senior citizens, unconstitutional | Leave a comment »