by Jayne D. Frank
I thought Barack Obama’s State of the Union address was contrived and full of grandiose rhetoric in 2013; however, that will pale in comparison to what we hear in this month’s SOTU address. Why? Quite simply, nothing the President ever says or promises becomes a reality. He had now prefaced his upcoming speech with “I have a pen and I have a phone” in which to get things done [because Congress is the problem].
Here are your words and promises from 2013:
1) “Together we have cleared away the rubble of crisis and … the state of our union is stronger.” Really! We have the highest level of poverty, higher number of people out of the job market, and highest number of people on food stamps than ever before. Is this your idea of a strong economy?
2) You said “We should ask ourselves as a nation: How do we attract more jobs to our shores.” One answer would be to resolve the problem of the millions of good-paying jobs that have been lost during your Administration. Your have used your pen, your failed Obamacare law and your thousands of EPA regulations to completely eviscerate any gains that might have come about as a result of spending billions of dollars on “stimulating” the economy. If you truly meant what you said, you would use your pen and the power of your office to approve the XL pipeline from Canada, which has the approval of 69% of our Senators and every Governor along its proposed path, putting thousands of people to work in good-paying energy jobs and you would lift the strangehold of those EPA regulations which are keeping companies cash-strapped and unable to produce any new jobs in their industry. Get your foot off the throats of energy companies!
3) You were going to create three more urban manufacturing hubs and ask Congress to create a network of 15 of these hubs for the “next revolution in manufacturing right here in America.” How’s that working out for you since more and more urban cities in America are in or approaching bankruptcy? We have the highest corporate tax rate at present and coupled with these regulations I’ve mentioned, there will be no additional manufacturing until you stop your insanity.
4) How do we equip our people with the skills to get… jobs?” One method might be to stop “giving” welfare and other entitlements to people in exchange for staying home and not looking for work. Require drug tests and require completing additional schooling as a requirement of getting entitlements.
5) We need to “reinvigorate the middle class.” Well, Mr. President, the middle class HAS lost 40% of its wealth under your Presidency and I think that your “words” remain another promise unfulfilled. You cannot invigorate the middle class if Obamacare remains the law of the land and takes more wealth out of the middle class. You cannot invigorate the middle class if you keep “giving” their tax money to others that don’t want to work. And you can’t invigorate the middle class if your message is not one of hope and declaration that America is one of the greatest producing countries in the world. You cannot invigorate the middle class when you have declared your intentions time and time again to “redistribute the wealth.”
Missing from the 2013 State of the Union and most assuredly the 2014 SOTU speech will be any mention of the many failures of this Administration in the foreign policy arena that have put America’s state of the union in jeopardy. The reason is quite simple. You do not have a record of accomplishment in this area and in fact your apologetic and appeasement policies concerning America’s power and standing in the world have made you look like a bafoon in this area. You are also afraid that should you mention foreign policy, Americans will continue to bring up the fact that you and the Secretary of State were directly responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi because you failed to provide security to them as requested. Your positions on defending Israel, taking away Iran’s ability to produce a nuclear weapon and helping the millions of people suffering in Syria, are also deplorable.
Frankly, millions of Americans are poised to watch the 2014 State of the Union not to hear “hope” from you any longer. They will be watching you make a fool out of yourself once more. They will be counting and pronouncing your failures and lies once again. They will be hoping that the Supreme Court Justices and military commanders that usually witness this speech don’t come this year and bear witness to your criticisms, lies and disdain for them. You are a failure as a President and a Commander-in-Chief and it would behoove you to be humble, contrite and truthful to the America people in the 2014 State of the Union, but you won’t–you can’t help yourself!